Our organic farm in the Salzburg region
We would like to introduce you to our Ferienhof Schwabhof in Kleinarl in more detail:
We, Conny and Rupert with our children Hannes, David, Josef and Martina , manage our organic farm in Salzburger Land together with Rupert’s mom Barbara .
We appreciate and enjoy working in the great outdoors, intensely perceiving the power of the mountains and feeling the trust of our animals.
Our organic farm in Kleinarl is both home and work for us. A piece of ideal world that we like to share with our guests from all over the world.
The Schwabhof – our Kleinarl farm!
The Schwabhof in Kleinarl is located at 1,035 m above sea level and is 50 hectares in size (approx. 70 soccer fields). We use the meadows and pastures in which our farm is embedded to obtain fodder for our animals.
Our approximately 17 dairy cows with names like “Blume”, “Zirm” or “Stern” give the best organic milk , some of which we use to make cheese and cream cheese . Since cows have offspring every year, we have around 25 calves (baby cows) and heifers (teenage cows) in the barn or on the pasture. In addition to cows and calves , our organic farm in the Salzburg region also populates:
- Haflinger horse La Donna
History on the move:
- 13th century: first mentioned in a document, “Cunrad de Swab” (probably an immigrant from Swabia) as the manager
- the farm has been sold several times over the centuries
- 1918: Josef Viehhauser (Rupert’s great-grandfather), a farmer’s son from neighboring Grossarltal, acquires the Schwabhof with his family.
- 1950s: Rupert’s grandmother Maria starts renting rooms in the 500-year-old farmhouse to summer visitors.
- 1962 to 2005: Hans and Barbara Viehhauser build a new stable and a new farmhouse. The Zuahäusl and the Löwenzahn holiday home are added later. After four girls, son Rupert is born, who will continue to run the Schwabhof from 2005.
- 2005 to today: Conny and Rupert continue to run the organic farm in the Salzburg region with enthusiasm together with Hans and Barbara. The two Zirbenchalets expand the offer. Hannes, David, Josef and Martina complete the Schwabhof team.
- We are excited to see how it will continue!
The forest behind our farm offers plenty of firewood for long and cold winters, delicious berries and mushrooms, and of course fresh water from our own spring . A large farm garden with all kinds of vegetables and herbs as well as our fruit trees provide us with healthy and tasty fruit and vegetables.
We look forward to getting to know you and will be happy to answer all your questions about our house! Send us your no -obligation inquiry today or book your farm holiday in Kleinarl directly. We are all looking forward to getting to know you!
Conny & Rupert with Hannes, David, Josef and Martina