Our organic farm in the Salzburg region
We will introduce our holiday farm Schwabhof in
Kleinarl in detail:
We, Conny and Rupert with our children Hannes and David, work our organic farm in Salzburg together with Rupert's parents Barbara and Hans.
We appreciate and enjoy working in wonderful nature, feeling the intense power of the mountains and the confidence of our animals.
Our organic farm in Kleinarl is both, home and workplace at the same time. A piece of ideal world, we like to share with our guests from around the world.
- 13th century: the farm was first mentioned, "Cunrad de Swab" (presumably an immigrant from Swabia) as managers
- through the centuries the farm is sold several times
- 1918: Josef Viehhauser (Rupert's great-grandfather), a farmer's son from the neighbouring Großarltal valley, buys the Schwabhof with his family.
- 1950: Rupert's grandmother Maria begins with the rental of rooms in the 500-year old farmhouse for summer visitors.
- 1962–2005: Hans and Barbara Viehhauser build a new barn and a new farmhouse. Later the additional cottage and the holiday home Löwenzahn are added. After four girls son Rupert is born who has been in charge of the Schwabhof since 2005.
- 2005 to present: Connie and Rupert cultivate the organic farm in the Salzburg region together with Hans and Barbara. The both Zirbenchalets extend the offer. Hannes and David complete the Schwabhof team.
- We are very curious what the future will bring!
We welcome you at our Schwabhof in the beautiful Kleinarl. Send us right today a non-binding inquiry!